Closing Date 22 July 2022
Job category: General Management
Location: South Africa
Remuneration: Market related
Murray & Roberts Power Industrial and Water Platform invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer, to be based at our Head Office in Bedfordview. The successful candidate will report to the Platform CEO. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:·
Advise on strategy formulation and business direction based on financial results interpretation·
Development, implementation and custodianship of the Platform’s finance, commercial and IT strategy in line with Business Plan·
Input and financial oversight of potential acquisitions, disposals/mergers and key Joint Venture / Consortium agreements in line with the Business Strategy.·
Input and oversight of mechanisms for raising of project or asset-based finance to align with the Platforms strategy on PPA’s and PPPs.
Sound Financial Managements, forecasting and ensure compliance with statutory obligations·Monthly review of Contract performances from a financial, commercial and operational point of view·Oversee monthly payroll processing and ensure effective procurement in line with BBBEE requirements· Ensure effective management of the following Key Performance areas· Cash flow management, management accounting, financial risk assessment, legal, secretarial and governance, contract costing and administration, procurement and information technology·Risk Management and compliance with client requirements within the boundaries of relevant legislation and company procedures·Performance Management of staff under the span of control ensuring skills transfer and continuous motivation of staff develop relationships and engage with DFI’s and commercial banks to form strong partnerships with the Platform
- Professional Qualification as a Charted Accountant
- SAICA registered
- Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills
- Leadership skills, performance and service driven
- Strong work ethics and excellent negotiation skills
- Fully computer literate and be conversant in English
- Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- A minimum of ten years’ financial management experience at a senior level, gained preferably in a large project contacting environment
- Must have extensive experience of financial reporting at Board or Executive Committee level coupled with a proven track record of success in the management of a financial division
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to Companies Act, Income tax, vat and IFRS requirements
- Sound experience with commercial matters including procurement and contract management.
- Experience in contract litigation and dispute resolution
- Basic knowledge of technology enhancement and development
- Project Management and knowledge of JDE system will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please Click Here To make an online Application