Job Purpose :Management of food safety program and product specifications, and all QA Tasks
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team Leader of the Food Safety Committee.
- Verification of food safety documents
- Supplier Quality Assurance.
- R&D/Sensory panel Administration
- Managing of non-conformances
- Monitoring product weight control
- Interpretation of Microbiological results
- Technical support on pie production process
- Generate product formulations and specifications
- Manage budget expenses.
- Manage yields in cooking
- Manage of cleaning staff (this will include day and night shift staff, also outsourced cleaning staff)
Team Leader of the Food Safety Committee.
- Ensure that BMO has a Food Safety System that is continuously improved and of the highest standards possible with resources available by:
- Establishing, implementing, maintaining and update a Pre-Requisite Program.
- Establishing, implementing, maintaining and update the FSSC 22 000 System.
- Approve Policies, Procedures and Support Documentation such as check sheets and registers for these Programs and Plans.
- Ensure an effective Document Control system is in place for above mentioned documentation.
- Ensure that Top Management is aware of and make available resources required, such as personnel, time, and funds.
- Ensure the relevant training and education of all personnel involved with manufacturing process.
- Manage the Food Safety Team and organize its work.
- Report to Top Management on the effectiveness and suitability of the Food Safety Systems.
- Lead Management Reviews of the Food Safety System – at least once a year.
- Chair Food Safety Team Meetings.
- Lead External Audits
- Arrange and execute taste panels of new / improved products.
- Give feedback of these panels in relevant format to the R&D Team.
- Brief and liaise with suppliers on raw material or ingredient specifications…
- Interpret Summery of daily process control
- Interpret weekly Micro results
- Interpret COC/COA of raw materials
- Generate non-conformances and communicate to Food safety team
- Communicate with suppliers on NCR’S
- Monitor product weights to conform to product specification
- Generate product specifications and formulations from NPD plan
- Generate ingredient label
- Approve daily batch releases
- Attend and report management meetings
- Technical support to production process (Dough development, Cooking methods)
- Back up to QC Manager
- Sensory panel member
- Staff motivation/Discipline
- Ensure that cooking is done on a daily basis.(Ensure cooking procedures are followed)
- Ensure yields on pots are correct. (Times and Temperatures)
- Ensure QC conducts all checks.
- Report all incidents.
WORK AND OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
- Maintain high levels of proficiency in core competencies
- Understand and apply procedures, requirements, regulations and policies.
- Ensure that all work completed is done in accordance with work and operational policies and procedure.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure that all actions, tasks are conducted in accordance with all company and industry required health and safety procedures
- Ensure all health and safety principles are adhered to.
- Ensure all Personal Protective clothing and equipment is worn or used as required.
- Ensure all PPC and PPE is clean.
- Ensure all handling of food product is done with the utmost care to ensure that there is no contamination of any food product.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Diploma /Degree Bio Tech. /Food Technology
- 05 Years’ experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
- 05 Years’ experience in Pie manufacturing
- MS Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint