Looking for bright, motivated, high-potential graduates or young professionals with a business degree to join the operations team. Initially your focus will be on customer support and claims. However, there is plenty of opportunities to get involved more broadly in other aspects of the business as well. It’s an opportunity to grow in an environment where personal development is really valued and supported with a team that drives excellence, and to learn the nuts and bolts of how a new business is built. Please note that the working hours will be a bit unusual (weekends and during the week start times are late morning to early evening)
Duties & Responsibilities
An international mining company is looking for a resolute Head of Legal to join their team in the DRC. This world class differentiated natural resources producer aims to be the best at that they do, valuing teamwork, efficiency, and development. The role will be based on a 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotation. The role will include duties such as:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Offer support on litigation & settlements and bankruptcy procedures
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Meet legal objectives
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Legal Risk Management
If you are willing to go the extra mile, apply now to avoid disappointment!
Job Experience & Skills Required:
Qualifications & Experience
- Legal degree (e.g. B Proc, LLB)
- Admitted Attorney with a minimum of 8 years post-admission commercial legal experience
- Experience preferably corporate in-house or commercial law firm
- Mining industry experience is essential
- Proven general counselling experience in an industrial environment would be advantageous.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labour law, etc.)
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider the vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions.
For more information contact:
Package & Remuneration
R 2700000 – 2800000 Annually