The Restaurant General Manager leads the operation of the restaurant in a hotel enviroment. The Restaurant General Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting, hiring, termination and retention of team members, financial accountability, and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customerDuties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling, ordering, and developing the restaurant team members.
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
- Ensures that the Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, as well as the company safety and security policies are being adhered to
- Ensures that the restaurant is in compliance with the preventative maintenance program with regards to facility, equipment, and maintenance.
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team.
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensures products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensures complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric and relevant hospitality diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 – 4 years of management experience in a restaurant or hotel environment is required.
- Proven track record of leadership and managerial skills while providing exceptional customer service is required.
This position requires excellent written, verbal and group communication skills. This position also requires the ability to read, analyze, create and interpret general business memos and documents.
MATH ABILITY: This position requires excellent business math skills.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires strong problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to be flexible and adapt in any situation.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Good computer skills required. Must be proficient with the use of internet and be able to utilize computerized business tools such as email, learning management systems, and memo software. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other appropriate software.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires supervisory responsibilities of crew members, shift leaders, and shift managers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position will require long periods of standing on hard surfaces. There is also likely to be extensive lifting of supplies and materials and moderate to loud noise. The use of hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects is required. There will be constant exposure to hot equipment and oil throughout the work day. Very charismatic, fibrant and extroverted personality is a must. public speak will be required on stage.Package & RemunerationSalary package range: R260 000 to R310 000 per anum
How to Apply
Please forward your Cv documents to